|The SUHR® GUITAR OF THE WEEK Contest Official Rules
1. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. FACEBOOK® IS NOT A SPONSOR OF THIS PROMOTION. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
3. DURATION: The Contest begins at 5:00 p.m. Pacific Standard U.S. Time (“PST”) on Tuesday, September 3, 2013 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PST on August 31, 2014.
4. ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS: By submitting your vote (“Vote” or “Contest Entry”), you are representing that you are 18 years of age or older and you agree to do business with Suhr electronically. By agreeing to do business electronically, you (i) consent to the electronic communication and delivery of all documents related to the Contest Website, the Contest, and all other services provided via the Contest Website, (ii) agree that your act of clicking your consent to these Official Rules is a binding form of your electronic signature, which you also agree binds you to these Official Rules, (iii) represent that you have Internet access and a valid e-mail address enabling you access to the Website and to receive communications and documents electronically, and (iv) represent that you have a printer or other device to print or otherwise save communications and documents including, without limitation, these Official Rules and that you have, in fact, printed or otherwise saved a copy of these Official Rules for your records. This consent is effective unless and until you withdraw it. You may withdraw your consent to electronic communication and delivery of documents, update your contact information, or request a paper copy of these Official Rules at any time by contacting us as set forth below. We will send you a confirmation notice once we have processed your change request.
5. ELIGIBILITY. The Contest is open only to persons who have reached the age of majority in their state or country of residence, with a minimum age of 18* years as of the date of entry, who are permanent legal residents of the following countries (and who are physically located therein): United States (excluding Rhode Island, United States territories, possessions, or military bases) and Canada (excluding Quebec). The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited, taxed, or restricted by law. Employees of Sponsor or any of its subsidiaries, affiliates, or agencies, or members of their immediate families, or persons living in same household of each, are not eligible to enter or win.
7. ENTRY: You can enter the Contest through Suhr’s web site. Vote entries for the grand prize must be received by Sponsor on or before 11:59 p.m. PST, August 31, 2014. Online entries will be deemed made by the Submitted Form. Entrants may enter more than one eligible Vote but the use of automatic, robotic, or “spamming” entry devices is strictly prohibited. See below for Vote eligibility terms and criteria.
8. ELIGIBLE VOTES: You are solely responsible for your own Vote and the consequences of submitting your Contest Entry to Sponsor, as well as the consequences of having your Vote posted if we select it for posting. In providing us with your Vote, you are representing and warranting to Sponsor that your Vote is on your own behalf and is freely being submitted to Sponsor. Be entering your Vote, you further agree to fully indemnify, defend, and hold Sponsor harmless from any and all third party claims, demands, and suits charging that your Vote infringes upon or constitutes a misappropriation of third party’s rights. Eligible Votes must comply with the following requirements:
* Your Vote can be placed each week.
* Everyone who Votes in compliance with Eligibility requirements of these Contest Rules is entered for each draw (weekly, monthly, and grand prize). Maximum of one Vote per week.
* You may increase your odds by voting each week.
* You may not impersonate any other person in providing your Vote.
* Sponsor reserves the right to deem any Vote inappropriate and/or disqualified for any reason.
* By submitting your Vote, you are in no way guaranteed that your Vote can, or will be selected as a weekly, monthly, or Grand Prize winner. In the event that your Vote or your selection as a prize winner is posted on the Suhr.com website or Sponsor’s Social Networking Pages, Sponsor reserves the absolute right to remove any posted Vote at any time, without notice, for any or no reason.
9. WINNER SELECTION: Vote entries for the weekly prize must be submitted by each week’s Saturday Night at 11:59 p.m. PST. Vote entries for the monthly prize must be submitted by last day of each month at 11:59 p.m. PST. The Winner will be announced by Sponsor on the Suhr.com website and/or Sponsor’s Social Networking Pages on the next day of each week’s contest with reference to the personal identifiable information associated with the Vote submitted account information used for the Vote. Sponsor will also make an attempt to contact Winner through the email address used at registration. Failure to respond to prize notification and/or announcement within one day of the announcement could result in forfeiture of the Prize. In the event of prize forfeiture by a Winner, Sponsor will select the next random Vote as determined by Suhr. Odds of winning any prize depend on the total number of entries received for weekly, monthly, and Grand Prize Contests.
Any entrant who is a Canadian resident and who is selected as a potential winner may be required to meet special requirements under Canadian law before being designated a winner, including correctly answering a time-based, mathematical skill-testing question administered by Sponsor (or Sponsor’s designated agent) without mechanical or electronic assistance. Failure to comply with such requirements, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will render entrant ineligible for winning and another entry shall be drawn. The prizes awarded and winners’ names and countries will be posted on the Suhr website and Suhr social media websites, and also may be requested from Sponsor by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to Sponsor at the address below.
10. PRIZE. The winning weekly entrant will receive one (1) Suhr T-Shirt. The winning monthly entrant will receive one (1) Suhr pedal. The Grand Prize winner (“the Grand Prize”) will receive the right to build their order of a guitar or bass guitar with Suhr. The total ARV of the Grand Prize is MSRP of $4,800.00 USD. Actual value of the Grand Prize may vary and any difference between the stated ARV and the actual value will not be awarded. THE FOLLOWING ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRIZE: any transportation to or from Suhr. Furthermore, expenses not specifically stated above (including, but not limited to taxes, fees, insurance, incidentals) together with the reporting and payment of all applicable taxes, fees, duties, and/or surcharges, if any, resulting from or arising out of any prize are the responsibility of the prize winner(s).
13. PERMISSION TO USE NAME/LIKENESS: The Winner, by entering the Contest, grants Sponsor permission to use Winner’s name, city, photograph, and/or likeness worldwide in any media and in any manner the Sponsor may deem appropriate for advertising, marketing, trade, and/or promotional purposes without additional compensation or right of review, including without limitation, posting the Winner’s name on the Suhr websites (including, but not limited to the Suhr.com website and Sponsor’s Social Networking Pages) unless prohibited by law.
14. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: Each entrant, by entering the Contest, and the Winner, by accepting the Prize, releases the Sponsor, and Sponsor’s subsidiaries, affiliates, agencies, directors, officers, agents, and employees from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for any damage, loss or injury resulting from or arising out of participation in this Contest, and, as to the Winner, the acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss, or misdirection of the Prize. The Winner must sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release prior to receiving the Prize.
15. SPONSOR: J.S. TECHNOLOGIES, INC., dba Suhr® Guitars, 601 Crane Street, Units A & B, Lake Elsinore, California 92530. Facebook® is not a sponsor of this Contest.
16. GOVERNING LAW: This Contest is governed by the laws of the State of California. By entering, entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state, and local courts located in Riverside County, State of California for the resolution of any disputes.
17. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT SPONSOR AND ITS RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AND AGENTS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS, ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND LEGAL COUNSEL, SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST ANY LIABILITY FOR, ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES, CLAIMS, AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR IN ANY CONTEST-RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, COPYRIGHT, TRADEMARK, OR OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO TRAVEL CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO FORCE MAJEURE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM. EXCEPT WHERE LEGALLY PROHIBITED. BY ACCEPTANCE OF PRIZE, WINNER GRANTS (AND AGREES TO CONFIRM THAT GRANT IN WRITING) PERMISSION FOR SPONSOR AND ITS AFFILIATES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES TO USE WINNER’S NAME, PORTRAIT, PICTURE, STORIES, VOICE AND LIKENESS, CITY AND STATE OF RESIDENCE, AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION, FOR ADVERTISING, MARKETING, OR PUBLICITY, WITHOUT ADDITIONAL COMPENSATION. BY PARTICIPATING IN CONTEST, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT FACEBOOK, INC., FLICKR, AND TWITTER, INC. AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES AND AGENTS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND LEGAL COUNSEL, SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST ANY LIABILITY FOR, ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES, CLAIMS, AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR IN ANY CONTEST-RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, COPYRIGHT, TRADEMARK, OR OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL FACEBOOK BE HELD LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CLAIMS OR DAMAGES ARISING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM THE CONTEST.