J.S. Technologies, aka Suhr Custom, was founded under the belief that tone and playability should always be at the forefront of design. Today, Suhr is actively crafting and developing products to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling the finest musical experience imaginable.
The Guitar Production team is the very core of Suhr – we create and maintain mission critical operations that are used throughout Suhr to accelerate guitar production, as well as systems that allow tracking of critical inventory and processes.
We are currently searching for talented craftsmen to join our production team at our headquarters in Lake Elsinore, California. In this role, you will build custom guitars to the exact specification of discerning customers and our incredible artists. This is the opportunity to craft the finest guitars and grow your luthier skills alongside the finest builders in the industry.
- Leveling fret boards, fretting, and final sanding of guitar necks
- Understanding of diagrams when applied to guitar wiring
- Guitar assembly, set-up and tune testing
- Proficient in troubleshooting playability and set-up issues
- Proficient in buffing and polishing
- Understand paint process for guitars including undercoat, color coat, and clear coat
- Wood selection and preparation
- Understand manufacturing process and quality control
- High school diploma or equivalent, with luthier training or certificate preferred.
- At least 5+ years guitar building experience
- Able to communicate with internal and external departments in a professional manner
- Thorough understanding of the processes specific to Suhr
- Must have a high level of communication skills for maintaining team atmosphere
- Must have basic guitar playing skill
- Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends
JS Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with JS Technologies is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.